This page may contain affiliate links. When you click our links and take action, we get a small comission at no cost to you. Read here for more info
How do You Operate a Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine? This user guide by Home Cleaning Planet explains everything you need to know, from pre-treatment right through to the drying process. The Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine is safe for most carpets and offers the best cleaning performance if well operated.
This means you need to know what to do before, during, and after the use of the machine. Before detailing the operation of the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine, let us first consider the machine itself.
The Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine
Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine features an Inject-Agitate-Extract technology that works on dirt deep within your carpet. It’s oscillating brush technology grooms and polishes your carpets, leaving them looking anew and smelling fresh. With the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine, you do not need to hire a professional carpet cleaner.
The Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine injects an adequate volume of cleaning solution without too much water. The injected solution acts as a rinsing agent that can clean your carpet in just one pass. Rug Doctor has twice the power of other available carpet cleaning machines. The powerful vacuuming action ensures that dirt and excess moisture are not left behind.
Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine offers you the convenience to clean when it best suits you. Besides giving you professional results with its tough proven commercial design, it is very affordable and easy to use. It can also be used to clean anything with fabric. That means you can use it to clean your car interiors, mattresses, motor homes, boat interiors, couches/chairs, and so on.
Below are the parts of the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine to take note of from top to bottom:
Red Spray Button; Handle Release; White Rocker Switch; Vacuum Switch; Clear Dome; Filter; Wire Retaining Handle; White Recovery Tank; Filter Screen; Red Base Tank; Vacuum Slot; Brush, Spray Nozzles; and Wheels.
Preparation of Your Carpet for Cleaning
- Remove Your Furniture and Ventilate the Room
To ensure that you clean every inch of your carpet, you have to remove any potential obstacles. The path of your machine can be blocked by furniture such as tables, chairs, and bookcases. Besides, the areas covered by furniture often cause a build-up of dirt and grime. If any furniture proves difficult to remove, place it in the middle of the room so you can clean around.
- Vacuum Your Carpet
Before using the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the surface dirt from your carpets. This will allow your Rug Doctor to reach the dirt and grime lurking deep within your carpet’s fiber.
- Pre-treat Your Carpet
Use the appropriate cleaning products such as spot, stain, or odor remover to pre-treat any problem areas on your carpet. Concentrate on the busier areas of your home, such as the doorways.
Preparation of the Cleaning Solution and Machine Setup
Materials and equipment needed: A bucket, a Rug Doctor Machine, Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent.
- Remove the white recovery tank located on the front of the machine by unclipping the black wire retaining handle.
- Fill the bucket with 9 liters of hot tap water (not hot enough to burn or scald the skin). For woolen carpets, use lukewarm water to avoid damaging the carpet’s fiber.
- Fill the red bottom base tank of the machine with 150ml of Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent. But for wide track machines, fill with 225ml of detergent. (Note: 150ml of detergent is roughly half a coffee cup, while 225ml is about a cup and a half.)
- Add the hot water to the red base tank with the hot water to reach roughly halfway up the mesh filter.
- Replace the white recovery tank and secure it using the black retaining wire fitting.
- To start your carpet cleaning, push the white switch located on the top of the machine.
How to Operate Your Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine
- First, ensure that you plug your Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine into a plug socket.
- Then, adjust your machine’s handle to a comfortable height using the handle release
- Refer to the label on top and turn the machine “ON” for carpet cleaning by pressing the vacuum switch.
- Test the spray applicator by pressing the red spray button and tilt the machine back slightly, so that the brush does not touch the carpet.
- Lower the machine back towards the carpet and start walking slowly backward once you see the cleaning solution.
- Release the red spray button about 30cm before reaching the end of the carpet. This is to avoid over-wetting the last section of the carpet, as you prepare to turn around for another pass.
- To continue cleaning, position your machine so that it slightly overlaps with the previous run. To ensure even cleaning, overlap passes by 5cm.
- Check the near translucent white recovery tank to see when it is full of dirty water.
- Simply pull back the black wire retaining handle to remove and empty the white recovery tank.
- The tank is empty when you hear the machine sound change and dirty water stops entering the white recovery tank. Then stop and empty the white retaining tank and refill the red base tank with another cleaning solution mixture.
- When you have finished cleaning, empty any remaining solution by taking the machine outside and turn it ON for upholstery. This will empty the red bottom base tank of any remaining cleaning solution mixture.
- Switch off your Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine and ensure it is cleaned according to instructions at back.
- For a quicker drying time, ensure the room is well ventilated.
- You only walk backward when using the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine.
- Avoid over-wetting your carpet, but if that occurs, then release the red spray button for a vacuum only pass.
- Make sure you do not mistakenly fill up the white tank with detergent meant for the red bottom base tank.
How do You Operate a Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning Machine? – Conclusion
We have done justice to the question of how do you operate a rug doctor carpet cleaning machine? Most importantly it has been established that rug doctor cleaning machine on one of the best on the market today.
So go ahead and make your home more inviting by using any of the models found on the link below