Many people want to know whether they can use bona Power Plus on their hardwood floors. Given all the claims made by the company, there may be a big question of whether bona Power Plus is safe for hardwood floors. Let’s take a look at this question and see what the answer is.
Bona Power Plus is a floor cleaner and polish that claims to be able to remove dirt, dust, mildew, dog or cat hair, stains with ease from your carpets, and hardwood flooring. It comes in both 30-ounce bottles and 20-ounce cans but has no water requirements for washing or rinsing of the product.
We have done our research and the result is positive. Bona Power Plus does contain a cleaning agent known as “Triazole” which is an ingredient used to lift dirt and grime from carpets and hardwood floors. It may also have some rust removal qualities but it mainly helps to remove dirt from the surface of the wood. That being said, bona Power Plus is formulated to gently lift stains while creating a color-filled shine. Bona Power Plus is easy to use on all types of hardwoods including oak, maple, walnut, mahogany, and redwood.
The product contains no harsh chemicals which are known to damage hardwood floors if not used properly during cleaning. It also does not contain any odors making it a safe product for people who have pets or asthma.
Bona Power Plus is being pitched as among the few complete cleaner and polishes for any type of hardwood flooring including maple, oak, walnut, mahogany, or redwood. It is effective at removing stains, it is gentle enough to use on all kinds of hardwood floors and the product contains no harsh chemicals which could damage your hardwood floors while cleaning.
However, even though the cleaning agent is safe to use on hardwoods, it should not be left on the floor for a long period of time and should be rinsed with water as soon as possible.
Can you use Bona Power Plus with other cleaning solutions?
The product should not be mixed with any other cleaning or degreasing solution as this can result in damage to the hardwood floors.
Customer reviews may help shed some light on how bona Power Plus really works. Let’s take a look at some customer reviews of whether bona Power Plus is effective at cleaning tough stains and dirt from their hardwood floors. We will also look at what kind of damage customers have experienced when using this product on their flooring.
One customer claims that their hardwood floor looks as though it has never been cleaned in their whole life. Some customers said that by not using a cloth to wipe away any excess solution, they left a residue behind and this resulted in staining on their hardwood floors.
How to use Bona Cleaner on Hardwood Floors
Bona Natural is the premium choice for anyone looking for a product that will keep their hardwood floors alluring. Made from 100% plant-derived and food-grade ingredients, Bona Natural neutralizes and breaks down organic matter without harmful chemicals. Bona’s patented formula is safe to use around children and pets and cleans without streaking, leaving your flooring silky smooth.
- When your floor looks dirty, spray it with Bona Wood Floor Cleaner to dissolve the dirt.
- Wipe the floor clean using a Bona Cleaning Pad on your Bona Mop.
- Rinse the pad in water as it becomes soiled and wring it thoroughly before continuing to clean. Excessively soiled pads may be laundered.
- To keep the pad soft and pliable, replace it every 4 uses.
- To clean large or heavily soiled areas, use a Bona Dust Mop.
- For tough buildups, use Bona Cleaning Essentials and a Bona Cleaning Pad to scrub the floor with light pressure.
- You may also spot clean your floors with a Bona Spray Bottle using one of the following cleaners.
- Wipe up excess moisture with a clean dry cloth.
- Do not allow the cleaner to dry on the floor as it could create a flammable condition.
- To remove stubborn stains, dilute the cleaner and apply the solution using a Bona Floor Pad.
- Pour a small amount of mixed cleaner into an empty spray bottle.
- Reapply as necessary until the stain is removed from the carpet’s surface.