This page may contain affiliate links. When you click our links and take action, we get a small comission at no cost to you. Read here for more info
A cabinet with specks of grime and dirt will likely spoil your cooking mood in the kitchen. No one wants to spend time preparing food while surrounded by grimy cabinets. Fortunately, there is an easy solution.
Getting the best kitchen cabinet cleaner and polish will keep your worries at bay.
- 1 5 Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaners
- 1.1 1. Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish – Therapy Furniture Polish and Wood Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Best Cabinet Degreaser – Parker and Bailey Kitchen Cabinet Cream
- 1.3 3. Best Wood Cabinet Restorer – Rejuvenate Cabinet and Furniture Restorer
- 1.4 4. Magic Cabinet And Wood Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Rejuvenate Cabinet Cleaner
- 2 Buying Guide – What to Look For
- 3 Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish FAQ
- 4 Conclusion
5 Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaners
A good quality cleaner is a crucial key to maintaining your kitchen cabinets. While tons of DIY homemade cleaners work pretty well, they won’t do much when faced with heavy stains. You would need a great commercial cleaner to get the job done flawlessly.
Here are 5 of the best kitchen cabinet cleaners and polishes that can keep your furniture spotless and squeaky clean.
This Therapy Clean product is a highly-rated cleaner that not just cleans any wooden surface but also provides an extra touch of shine! What makes this a step ahead of others is its potentness. A few drops of its plant-based formula are enough to remove the grime and dirt from your kitchen cabinets effectively.
It comes in a pour-in 16-ounce bottle for easy application and use. Add in the free microfibre cloth, and you are set for some deep cleaning! The bottle size is enough to cover over a month of daily cleaning.
It doesn’t just polish either. It leaves behind a thin layer of a protective coating that can help prevent watermarks and scratches. It’s also certified cruelty-free, with all ingredients listed as safe. You can use it on cabinets, chairs, tables, antiques, and teaks without much worry! Therapy Furniture is our #1 Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish.
- Moisturizes wood
- Removes all grease and grime
- It leaves a shiny finish
2. Best Cabinet Degreaser – Parker and Bailey Kitchen Cabinet Cream
Mr. Bailey, a talented furniture maker, and Mr. Parker, a fine wax and polishes maker, joined forces in 1879 to provide homeowners with high-quality cleaning products. They released the Parker and Bailey Kitchen cabinet cream with a unique, non-toxic formula that effectively rids all oils, grease, and residue with an easy wipe-and-out solution. This specific cream became a public-favored cleaning product that even furniture restorers and antique experts used for over a century.
This kitchen cabinet cream comes in a 16 oz bottle. Parker and Bailey are well-known for using non-toxic substances in their products. It does not contain silicone, dulling waxes, petrochemicals, or harmful chemicals.
What makes Parker and Bailey’s cabinet cream arguably the best cabinet degreaser in the market is its dual action gentle formula that can help clean and polish all wood surfaces. It does not just work well with cabinets but also does an excellent job cleaning mantles, doors, pianos, and more.
- Long-lasting shine
- No sticky residue
- Can apply on laminate and painted cabinets
- It offers a thin protective layer
- Not for heavy and deep cleaning
3. Best Wood Cabinet Restorer – Rejuvenate Cabinet and Furniture Restorer
Homeowners who need to restore their old and past-their-prime kitchen cabinets can use this specific Rejuvenate cleaning product! Among the best wood cabinet restorers today, this product is perfect for light cleaning tasks and can restore any cabinet to its former glory.
Rejuvenate cabinet and furniture restorer comes in two sizes; 13-ounce and 16-ounce. It’s an easy wipe-on application that can last for months. A single layer is enough to produce excellent results.
This Rejuvenate product has a polymer-based formula that can fill in scratches and give extra shine. It can provide a layer of ultraviolet ray protection that can shield your cabinet from sun-damaging effects. You can use this cleaning product on various surfaces, including wall paneling and bathroom cabinets.
- Has protective purpose
- Works well on matte surfaces
- It comes with a microfiber cloth
- you cannot apply it on greasy surfaces
- Highly-damaged cabinets need more than one layer
4. Magic Cabinet And Wood Cleaner
Don’t let the product name veer you from its real purpose and use! While it says “magic”, everything is all science here! Magic Cabinet and Wood Cleaner can get rid of even the most deep-seated grease and grime without much effort. It is a powerful cleaner that dives deep into the wood, effectively removing any grime, oil, soil, dirt, and other unwanted impurities and substances.
It is available in a 17 oz aerosol bottle, making it easy to apply and use. It leaves a transparent, protective layer coating that can repel dirt, watermarks, and grime. Moreover, it contains non-abrasive ingredients that can keep your cabinets safe.
The feature that makes this cleaner extra unique is Brazilian carnauba wax, a substance that leaves a thin layer on the surface. It helps restore any furniture to its original beauty and gloss! It establishes Magic cabinet cleaner as a high-end cleaning agent.
- Works on varnished and raw wood
- Has protective purpose
- Anti-aging capacity
- Removes stubborn impurities
- Aerosol is not the safest method
5. Rejuvenate Cabinet Cleaner
Last but not least on our Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish is Rejuvenate. You can trust Rejuvenate cabinet cleaner for a reliable wood cabinet cleaner and polish! This cleaning agent has a polymer-based and water-based formula that can restore shine and fill up scratches. Aside from these, it also seals grout and helps prevent further damage.
Rejuvenate cabinet cleaner is a lemon-scented product that is now a go-to choice for many homeowners. It is made for removing dirt, residue, and grease from your kitchen cabinets and furniture! It is available in a 24 oz spray bottle for easy cleaning.
This cleaner’s standout feature is its balanced pH solution and non-abrasive ingredients that can give your kitchen cabinets a grease-free look without causing any damage to the paint. You can freely use it on any wooden surface in your home.
- Balanced pH
- Lemon-scented fragrance
- Perfect for daily cleaning
- Polymer/water-based formula
- It suits any wooden surface
- It might need to be applied more than once to see a visible difference
Buying Guide – What to Look For
Choosing the Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish might sound easy, but it’s not. You will need to explore some factors and decide which type of cleaner you need! Here is a simple buying guide that could help with that.
How To Pick The Best Cleaner And Polish For Your Kitchen Cabinet
You will need to consider several things to be able to set valuable and practical cleaners apart from substandard ones.
As the well-known saying goes, “you will get what you pay for”. Cheap is not always better.
Though, that does not mean you should go and spend tons of money on a flashy yet unsatisfactory cleaning product. Try to measure the product’s value to see if it’s worth the money.
In buying a new product, it is always wise to check what customers with first-hand experience say about it. Always make sure to check the reviews and ratings of the product first.
Better ratings pretty much equate to good and satisfactory experience by a good amount and number of people. You can also read through customer reviews if available. They always provide trustworthy information and blunt feedback with no amount of sugar coating.
Before purchasing your cabinet cleaner and polish, take an inquisitive peek at the ingredients list. All cleaning products have different ingredients, with some containing more harsh chemicals and elements than others. So, you can expect that some cleaners can do more harm than good — destroying the topcoat or damaging the paint.
Make sure that your cleaner has no heavy ingredients that could potentially leave residue or cause harm to your cabinet. Some ingredients you should be on a constant lookout for are wax and silicone.
Identify Differences: How Are They Different?
When choosing the Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish for your needs, it is important to understand that there is more than one type or classification of cabinet cleaner in the market. Each has its own specialty and purpose. It is crucial to know their difference, so you are aware of what cleaning agent you should use.
- Degreaser – It is also known as a solvent cleaner. It is a powerful cleaning agent that is specifically created to remove grease and oil that builds up on kitchen surfaces — including ovens and counters.
- Restorer – As the name implies, it is made for restoration. This cleaning product makes old kitchen cabinets look great by restoring them to their former glory.
- Polish – The primary purpose of polish is to leave an excellent shine on the surface and protect against wear, tears, stains, watermarks, and dirt.
- Cleaner – Is typically a water-based formula suitable for cleaning surfaces. It helps maintain a clean appearance and aids in removing dirt and grime.
Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish FAQ
While doing research on the Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish, we came across some frequently asked questions.
1. How do you clean kitchen cabinets?
To maintain your cupboards in pristine condition, you can follow these steps:
- Empty your cabinets. Peel off any old shelf paper. Vacuum or wipe off dust or crumbs on shelves and drawers.
- Apply the cleaning product or formula and give it a few minutes to dwell. Scrub with sponge or rag.
- Start with the upper shelves and work your way down. Begin with the interiors—back wall, shelves, and drawers.
- Spray again with the cleaning agent or with water. Dry with a clean cloth.
2. Is polish safe for my cabinets?
Polish is safe as long as you only use it sparingly. Make sure to consider polish’s ingredients and your cabinet’s wood type first before using it.
3. What does a cabinet degreaser do?
A cabinet degreaser is a cleaning product that dissolves oil, grease, and other stubborn contaminants from surfaces. They contain chemicals or solvents that can cause a chemical reaction that changes a substance’s state, making it easier to remove.
4. How often should I polish my cabinets?
It is ideal to polish your wooden cabinets every six weeks. Note that most polish has water, which could raise wood’s veneer. Thus, it is best to avoid polishing frequently.
You don’t need to spend hours cleaning grime and grease off your cabinets anymore! With the best kitchen cabinet cleaner, it would only take a matter of minutes to accomplish.
So, don’t hesitate to pick any of the products from this list. Also, make sure to follow the buying guide to know exactly what you’re looking for.
We hope this article has helped you find the Best Kitchen Cabinet Cleaner and Polish.